Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Something Personal

Hello Friends!

I have been a member of the Junior League for eight years. It has provided me with so many great opportunities to serve my community. Yesterday, I got to travel to Sacramento with a bunch of women from Junior Leagues all over California to visit with our legislators.  It was so inspiring!

Because of the work of these Junior League women and Assemblymember Pedro Nava, a resolution was passed last Thursday to make the month of May Perinatal Depression Awareness Month in California.  It is such an important issue and one that has affected me personally.   If Perinatal Depression doesn't sound familiar, it is also known as Post-Partum Depression.

I often get jaded about our political system but it was personally inspiring to me to see all of these people come together and get something really important accomplished. I can't wait to see what we do next!

(I took some photos of my most recent swap and promise to post them soon!)

2 comments:

Gary said...

So, SO cool, Amy! I'm proud to have someone in my life who contributed to such an important issue. I'll bet it was indeed inspiring to see firsthand how the resolution was passed. And to work on something that has affected you personally was a great bonus.

Looking forward to the photos of the latest swap!

Alison Gibbs said...

Amy this is such an important issue.
Alison