Monday, June 28, 2010

Making Lei While the Sun Shines

A few months ago, I won a silent auction item at the Classified Senate dinner at work. A co-worker who has a degree in Hawaiian Studies (and is a native Hawaiian) had donated a lei-making class.  I finally had a few friends over to take the class yesterday. I was determined to sit outside and enjoy my backyard but the temperature kept creeping up until we were all hot tamales!  Still, we had a great time.

Here is Liko demonstrating how to make a lei:



Here I am with Noodlebug's godmother....I really should have taken off my sunglasses:



And here we all are with our beautiful lei:



We all look a little hot and wilted but we had a good time.

In other news, my mother won BEST IN SHOW at the Sonoma-Marin Fair for her wreath. I'm so proud of her! As soon as I can get her camera, I will download a photo and post it.

Hope you all had a nice weekend!

3 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Amy what a fun thing to do.
Alison

Kirsty Girl said...

That is so cool! I wanna make one too!!!

Gary said...

Super cool, Amy! Now there's something you don't get to do or see every day.