Thursday, April 28, 2011

I'm Off to the Royal Wedding (sort of)



Tomorrow, I am taking the day off and heading to San Francisco with my friend Paula for a special wedding tea at the Crown and Crumpet.  Some of you may have read about this lovely tea room on other blogs.  I hosted my mother's 65th birthday party there. (See photos here)

Crown and Crumpet is teaming with the new Acme Party Box to host a special Royal Wedding tea. I know lots of people feel the hullabaloo around this wedding is silly. Especially with everything going on in the world right now. I agree. It is a bit silly. But I think it's also a lovely form of escapism. I can't wait to eat scones and wedding cake with one of my best girlfriends while dressed up in our Sunday best. I even ordered a new hat for the festivities. (hopefully, it will arrive in time!)

Saw this on Facebook:
"What's your royal wedding guest name? Start with either Lord or Lady. Your first name is one of your grandparents' names. Your surname is the name of your first pet, double-barrelled with the name of the street you grew up on."

That would make me Lady Elizabeth Buttercup-Amherst.  Maybe that is who I will be tomorrow!

I hope you all have a lovely weekend and I'll be back Monday with photos.

No comments: