Sunday, February 17, 2013

Lullubee Craft Kits: Felted Gnomes

I just got back from a weekend away and it was wonderful!!!  I spent some time communing with trees and playing in snow.  A much-needed escape. 

As part of my time away, I tried out a new monthly craft kit from Lullubee.  I thought I'd try out one box to see how I liked it.  This month's kit had everything you needed to make some felted gnomes plus an extra crafting tool.

 
If you are a regular reader, you know I am sucker for kit clubs.  This one is a little more crafty and a little less high fashion than FOR THE MAKERS.  But it is also pricier at $34 per month. They also have a kid's version of the club for $29 a month. I have ordered one for Noodlebug but we haven't gotten it yet. 

The supplies in the box were great and there was enough stuff for me to make three gnomes with materials left over. The kit comes with full-color instruction sheets that show you the process step by step. My main complaint is that although the sheets show you what to do for each step, they don't show you HOW to do it.  This was my first needle-felting attempt and I needed more explanation.  Still, they turned out okay.


For a first attempt, I think they're pretty good.  I have really been into gnomes lately. And hedgehogs. I don't know why.

I'd like to try another kit by Lullubee even though they are expensive. I probably never would have tried something like this without the kit and I had a lot of fun doing it.

No comments: