Sunday, February 10, 2013

Weeks Five and Six--Life Book 2013

My gameboard of life for Week Five:




I'm not entirely happy with this one.  It needs something.  Maybe a little more distressing or doodling? I'm not sure. There are game cards in the pocket in the corner.  I used some of Shelly Massey's free clipart for the sweet steampunk owl gamepiece.

My week six piece:


So, this is a self-portrait of me with my butterfly totem.  "Bloom" is my word for 2013 so you will see it in a lot of my work. It is a reminder to myself to "bloom where you are planted" and to stop complaining about life.  I can no longer wait for various things to happen in order to bloom. I need to bloom now! Since I love children's books, I added a little hungry caterpillar on my skirt. Right now, I am a hungry caterpillar. Eating and eating and eating to fill that empty spot.  But, someday, I will be a butterfly.  It makes me think of Mindy Gledhill's lovely lyrics:

"You're a butterfly held captive
Small and safe in your cocoon.
Go on you can take your time
Time is said to heal all wounds."

I'm keeping up with Life Book so far.  Can't wait to see what next week's class will bring!!!