Monday, December 2, 2013

Advent Calendar Finished!

I finished Noodlebug's Advent Calendar!  Just in time.

The above photo is a little blurry but you can get an idea of what it looks like.  Each drawer holds a charm to be hung on the tree. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out except for the fact that you can see the threads showing through the linen. But I can live with that. 

I learned how to do this project from Amy Powers' CRAFT HAPPY class.  It is the only crafty thing I have done in months!!!

The embroidery technique was pretty easy and I love how it looks.  I put Noodlebug in charge of filling the drawers with charms. 

He was very excited to hang the first charm yesterday!

It was a lot of work pulling together all the materials and putting it together but I'm happy with it. I try to do one homemade gift for Noodle each year and this will be this year's gift.

No comments: