Sunday, February 9, 2014

Valentine's Fun

I am trying very hard to keep up with both Life Book 2014 and Brave Girls Club--THE WALK and I am falling behind in both. So I haven't had much to share lately.

I did manage to finish a wreath for the front door:

I already had everything I need for it except for the wreath form. I used this tutorial I found on Pinterest.  I wrapped the wreath in burlap ribbon instead of yarn and used twine for the criss-cross part.

We had a Valentine's playdate yesterday with an old friend.  I came up with a craft idea. I found these little mailboxes in the dollar bins at Target. I painted the ends with chalkboard paint and filled them with stickers for decorating.





My friend Susie is a master at making cookies and made a bunch of cookies for the kids to decorate:




It was a great rainy day activity.

Noodlebug and I finished all of his valentines and we are ready to go! We always do non-candy valentines and chose to do this one this year.  I'm so excited that I have the day off next Friday so I get to volunteer in his classroom on Valentine's Day! 


No comments: