Friday, June 6, 2014

Hourglass

Today is my little one's last day of Kindergarten.  It is going to be really hard for me.


First Day of Preschool



First and Last Day of Second Preschool



First Day and Last Day of Kindergarten


From the moment you have a child, people start telling you how fast time goes.  I already knew that.  No matter how tightly you hold on and how much you try and live in the moment, it goes by too quickly.  Instead of seeing childhood as a series of firsts, I often view it as a series of lasts. The last time I breastfed, the last time he read certain baby books, the last time I changed a diaper, the last time he went to his various preschools.  I find myself worrying about some upcoming lasts and wondering when they will occur. The last time he will want me to read to him. The last time he will want to crawl in bed with me. The last time he will want to hold my hand in public. The last time he will crawl into my lap.  The worst part is that you never know when you have experienced those "lasts" until the moment is long gone.

I know that there are a lot of exciting "firsts" coming up.  I try to focus on those. Life is beautiful and want to cherish every moment.  As someone who never thought she would get to be a mom, every day is blessing for me.  Here's hoping I don't cry too much when we leave Kindergarten for the last time.

Onwards and upwards!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

So this mom gig is just full of the sad and the sweet. For every last thing, there will be so many exciting new things! If only we had time machines, right? Hugs to you!!