Friday, March 28, 2008

A Little Scare

For the past few days, I have been having a sharp pain in my side just to the right of my belly button. Yesterday, my doctor sent me to the hospital. I was hooked up to monitors and had a myriad of tests while they tried to figure out what was wrong. Long story short...they still don't know what is causing the pain. However, baby is in good shape and very very active. While I was at the hospital, they discovered that I was having regular contractions. This was a complete and total shock as I didn't feel them at all. In the end, they decided to send me home with the caveat that I stay home from work today and stay in bed.

As you know, I am still nine weeks away from my due date. Much too early for baby to come. Although the situation isn't dire and I will get checked again next week, please send good thoughts and prayers my way that baby will stay in my belly until May.

9 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

I'm sending prayers and positive thoughts! Stay happy and all will be well.

Sarah B. B. said...

Praying for you & the little one, Amy. See, it's just that you're SUCH a good mom that he's in a hurry to meet you. :)

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Sending thoughts and prayers!!
Cathy

Vallen said...

Good thoughts are winging their way to you. Babies just know when they want to come out. Take advantage of the rest 'cause you know what's coming...

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh what a scare for you Amy.
Get plenty of rest.
I will be thinking of you.
Alison

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

Amy do follow the doctors orders! Get plenty of rest....and just enjoy the time to catch up on your favorite magazines and such!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your lil prince!

Hugz, Dolly

HippieDog said...

Amy,
Sending prayers and good thoughts your way. Please stay in bed and get lots of rest :) xo

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

make sure you are getting plenty of fluids, sounds similar to my daughter last year.... Rest & Relax ~ Sending Prayers & Happy Thoughts your way.
cheryl

bluemuf said...

Hi Amy...will send lots of prayers, piles of good thoughts, and you rest, listen to lovely music and read to your little one.
I hear that's good for them to hear your voice.

Hugs Karen