Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Break on the Horizon!

I had an absolutely lovely shower on Sunday. My friend Laura really outdid herself! We had the shower at a local tea room and Laura made sure that every little detail reflected the colors of green and yellow which are the colors we are using in the baby's room. I had such a good time!

My official last day of work will be Friday, May 9. Almost there! I'm hoping I will have a week or two to rest before baby arrives. Maybe I'll even get some knitting and scrapping done! I checked out a book from the library called KNITTING FOR TWO that has some great baby patterns in it that I would love to try. After baby is born, I will have maternity leave until September 2. I know it will be hard to return to work but I am grateful for the time I will have off.

My birthday is May 25 and I'm still hoping for a sewing machine. Or a record player. I may end up getting a baby that day instead!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo....almost there. I remember the last weeks were the longest.....I just wanted to see my baby!! Take it easy!!

Alison Gibbs said...

Amy it is getting so close.
Enjoy your last week at work.
Alison