Friday, April 11, 2008

Update on Griffin Family

Some of you may remember when I blogged about a local family that was involved in a car accident back in late January. Their car was hit by a drunk driver and the mother was killed. The two girls are now fine and back at school but the father is STILL in the hospital. He has undergone so many surgeries and had so many setbacks. Right now, it appears his legs will not be able to bear any weight for at least another six weeks. Then, he will begin the long arduous process of beginning to walk again. In spite of this, we are lucky he is still with us. It was very touch and go and it is so wonderful the doctors have managed to save his legs and his arm.

I was so happy to get an update on this family today. They have been through so much and still haven't had a chance to properly grieve for their wife and mother. It is an important reminder for me about how blessed I am in my life. I have my health, my family, my friends, my husband. I have a roof over my head, a job and plenty of food to eat. I have a baby on the way. So many blessings. I must never ever take it all for granted.

2 comments:

HippieDog said...

You are so right, every day is a gift :) Hope you're feeling great Amy! xo

bluemuf said...

Treasure each day. I'm so glad that the dad is starting to improve. This is so hard on the children as well as him.

Take care of yourself Amy.

Karen