Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Pin and Do! --- Mind Jar

The first time I heard about Mind (or Calm) Jars was on Amy Powers' blog.  Amy took the idea and made a spy jar out of it.  When I ran a search on Pinterest, I found a variety of ways to make these jars.  I loved the idea of finding a visual way to help children (or adults) calm down.  Watching glitter drift through a jar seemed like a wonderful meditation. 



I used a juice jar and filled it with two small tubes of glitter glue along with some loose sprinkled glitter.  I used about three cups of hot water.  I'm not entirely happy with the results.  The glitter doesn't take very long to settle at the bottom. Next time, I will probably use a smaller plastic peanut butter jar. (safer in case Noodlebug drops it)

(his nails aren't dirty...that's nail polish)

Still, Noodlebug finds it captivating....



Maybe we'll have to make another one!!!

For now, I can check this Pinterest pin off my list!


1 comment:

PCovi said...

Wow! I'd probably be the one to sit and tip it over all day in delight...haha!