Monday, March 18, 2013

Art in the Garden

I am furloughed this week so I get to pretend to be a stay-at-home mom.  It's great!!!

Today, Noodlebug and I worked on some projects for the garden. Awhile back, we saw a garden loom made of chicken wire at the Bay Area Discovery Museum. It was covered in strips of colored plastic bags (reduce, reuse, recycle!) and we loved watching them blow in the breeze.  So, I was really excited to see a Garden Loom project in the new Artful Parent Spring e-zine. We constructed one right away. Right now, our loom only has a few strips of fabric but we will be adding some string and fabric as time goes on. In the meantime, we enjoy watching the strips blow in the breeze and remain hopeful that some of the pieces will make it into some local nests.

 
My husband found a beat-up planter box and asked us if we'd like to paint it. Yesterday, we spray-painted it with leftover paint.  (hence the dark blue color)  Today, we got out the acrylic paints and went to work.  I painted a little garden scene full of insects.

Noodlebug chose to paint a rainbow.  Then, he had to stop because he was concerned about the amount of paint on his hands. I keep trying to turn him into a messy artist but he is pretty fastidious.

Tomorrow, Bug will be in school so I'll be working in the garage. Still trying to clean out and get organized from our move over a year ago!!! But progess is being made.

Happy Spring!!!

No comments: