Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Almost Turkey Time!

I am lucky because I will not only have my mother around to cook for Thanksgiving but my husband will be cooking the turkey. He loves to cook which makes me a very lucky girl.

I still love to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I know a lot of people think that is cheesy. But, to me, the season doesn't really start until I see Santa at the end of that parade! So, I'll watch the parade and then get started on my meal contributions. I usually do the desserts. Pumpkin pie and chocolate pecan pie. I also like to make Chex Mix and rice krispie treats to have on hand throughout the holidays. My husband tells me that it is traditional in California to have crab on Thanksgiving Eve. We'll see if we can find some in spite of the horrible oil spill in the Bay.

Mom and I will probably decorate for Christmas on Friday. I can't face shopping crowds. That is another good reason to go "handmade" for your holiday gifts!

I am feel especially blessed this year so I have lots to be thankful for. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Many blessings to you and your loved ones!!!

1 comment:

bluemuf said...

I hope you and your family and a wonderful Thanksgiving

Karen