Friday, November 23, 2007

CBC Holiday Giving Challenge

Hello Friends.

I have decided to do something different this year for the holidays. There is an organization that I really believe in called Heifer Project International. Heifer Project provides animals and the skills to care for them to people all over the world. These individuals then go on to share the first babies from their Heifer animals with community members. The program has been proven successful and really embodies the old saying "If you teach a [person] to fish, [he/she] will fish for a lifetime." I am trying to raise money for Heifer Project through my two blogs this year. I would like to raise enough money to buy a llama and some chicks. If you would like to help, follow the HEIFER PROJECT link in my sidebar or follow this link.

I feel so blessed this holiday season with my home, my family, my friends and my pregnancy that I have to share the wealth.

If you donate and leave me a comment that you did, I will enter your name in a drawing for a custom prize that I will send out in January. Any amount is welcome.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday season!

5 comments:

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Our homemaker's club is doing this and also our youth group :)

Amy M. said...

I'm so glad to hear it Shabby! It is such an easy way to make a big difference!!!

HippieDog said...

What a nice thing to do Amy! Blessing this holiday season.....take care of yourself and your wee one.
xo

Amy M. said...

Thanks Michelle! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!!!!

-Amy

Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

We have given "Heifer" gifts for several years. My SIL just gave in our name in celebration of Thanksgiving and we plan to follow suit again for Christmas. Thank you for plugging and supporting one of my favorite causes!!