Monday, December 10, 2007

Holiday Traditions

Everyone is blogging about their holiday traditions right now and they are so fun to read! We have a few small traditions in my family:

1) When fall rolls around, I start making gallons of Chex Mix. It's the only time of year that I eat it and I just love it!

2) We always drive around town looking at Christmas lights. Usually on Christmas Eve. I just love seeing how people decorate their houses.

3) We usually open one present on Christmas Eve. Not sure how this got started by it's a pretty fun way to start Christmas.

4) Sometime during the holiday, we have tamales. They are especially good on Christmas Eve.

Mom and I really need to get back into baking cookies to give away. It is hard to do that, though, since we live in different states. That means we have to wait to bake until we get together.

I'm looking forward to starting some new traditions once baby arrives!

6 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Amy, what great traditions you have, I love checking oput everyone's christmas lights too. What fun it will be when you have your first Christmas with your new little one. You will be able to start your very own family traditions.
Alison

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

We love chex mix

Amy M. said...

Hi Alison!
Aren't Christmas lights great? My husband doesn't understand my fascination but I could easily drive around for hours looking at lights!

Hi Mary Isabella!
What would I do without Chex Mix?

Cindy said...

Those all sound like wonderful traditions. We do a few of those as well. Chex Mix...gotta love it. LOL.

HippieDog said...

I love all of your traditions! The present on Christmas Eve is one of our traditions too---but we give each other the funniest or ugliest pair of slippers we can find :)Hope you're feeling great :) xo

Amy M. said...

Oh, I love the idea of ugly slippers! How fun!

My mom usually gives us some sort of funny pjs that we then wear on Christmas morning.

I'm feeling much better Hippie!