Tuesday, September 15, 2009

There's Something About Gyo

When I was little, my parents bought me all the Gyo Fujikawa books that were currently available. I loved those books!  The variety of children within the stories and the wonderful illustrations completely drew me in.  I have saved those books all these years (they were published around 1975) and now Noodlebug is enjoying them.  He focuses so intently on each page and looks carefully at the pictures. 
I have to be at work at 7am so I am not around when Noodlebug wakes up each day. My husband tells me that usually the first thing he does is either:
1) Kiss his 2 ft "Where the Wild Things Are" monster
2)Grab a book off his bookshelf to look at
He has A LOT of books already since Mommy is both a book person and a library worker.  He invariably selects a Fujikawa book from his shelves.  I don't know what it is about the captivating illustrations but clearly children love them. It's nice that he and I have that connection.

1 comment:

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

It is so wonderful that he loves books...m.