Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Waiting for Fall

Hello Friends.

I hope you all had a lovely Labor Day weekend.  It was such a treat for me to spend three whole days with my family. I struggle all the time with being a full-time working mom.  I wish I didn't have to.  Sometimes, I get jealous of my friends who get to be stay-at-home moms. I know the grass is always greener on the other side but I often sit at my desk and try not to cry as I think of all the special moments I am missing.  I don't get to do playdates or playgroups or Gymboree classes or storytimes at the library.  I don't even really have any mom friends with small children. It can be lonely.  So, when I get three uninterrupted days with my family, it can be really really hard to come back to work.  But I just do the best I can.

I break every speed limit after work racing to get to Noodlebug from daycare or Grandma's.  I try to spend every second with him until bedtime. (and I tend to forego housework so I can do this)  I feed him, give him a bath and sing him his special good night lullaby ("Dreamy Side of the Moon" by Erin Ivey).  Every moment is precious to me.  Maybe that's why life worked out this way.  So that I would never take my time with him for granted.

In other news, I managed to get two tickets to a special preview weekend at the new Walt Disney Family Museum.

The museum officially opens in October and I'm taking my hubby there for his birthday on September 27. I wish I could have gotten extra tickets so Grandma and Noodlebug could got but it will probably be a madhouse. Gary and I will go scope it out and then come back another time with the rest of the family.  We are big Disney fans in our house so I'm really looking forward to this.  I have almost convinced Gary that we need to take Noodlebug to Disneyland next year.  Maybe in May for his second birthday and my 35th?  We'll see.
The weather is starting to turn and it is getting me energized. Fall is my absolute favorite season. I love the colors and the crisp air.  It makes me miss home.

1 comment:

Gary said...

I like your perspective on not taking time for granted. I have no doubt it's sometimes a tough pill to swallow, though.

Perhaps you should plan a long fall weekend to Dallas some year. I'll bet it would be a good mind balm for you.