Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Inspiration

I don't really make New Year's resolutions because they make me feel like a loser when I don't follow through. There are things I would LIKE to do this year.  Lose weight. (duh)  Exercise more. (duh)  But I am also going to change my priorities this year.  I'm going to cut back on volunteering and focus more on my family. And I'm going to get more involved in my church and work on my faith life. 

Lately, I have been really drawn to art that includes expressions of faith. I just bought this little lady from Little Bit Funky. I think I'll put her on my desk at work:




For Christmas, my husband gave me this wonderful piece from Red Letter Words that I have been wanting for awhile. I'm going to put it on the door of Noodlebug's room:




Recently, a friend/blog reader posted the following in a comment:


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)

This bible verse really struck me because it was just what I needed to hear. Especially at this time of year.  I think I'm going to find a way to incorporate it in some sort of art project. I'm starting to feel inspired about 2010.

1 comment:

Gary said...

This is good stuff, Amy. I like your goals. It looks to me that your happy place is right in front of you. Good luck and, as always, let me know whenever I can provide some long-distance help. We'll get you out ice climbing or something to shake things up.