Thursday, February 4, 2010

Nobody Here But Us Chickens!

I opened up my March issues of COUNTRY LIVING magazine this week and was so excited to find a spread on the little town where I live!!!

Petaluma is a small town of about 54,000 in Sonoma County about 40 miles north of San Francisco. It is an interesting blend of upscale antique and clothing stores and farms.  It used to be known as the nation's "Egg Basket" and "Chicken Capital of the World" due to its emphasis on chickens and eggs. Movies such as "American Graffiti" and "Peggy Sue Got Married" were filmed here because we have so many original Victorian buildings still standing downtown that give it a small-town America feel. Every year in April, we have a fun parade called the Butter and Egg Days Parade. The following day, there is always an Antique Fair.

Here a few photos I recently took downtown:


(this water fountain makes me laugh every time I see it)



This is one of the original Carnegie libraries that is now our local history museum.

It's a nice little town and it's even nicer to see it in Country Living magazine. Hope you'll come for a visit!!!

No comments: