Friday, February 19, 2010

Weekend Plans

Hello Friends.

The weekend is here again and I'm trying not to be too disappointed that I won't have a four-day weekend this time. My brother- and sister-in-law are coming into town tonight from Santa Fe.  My brother-in-law has been fighting prostate cancer for several years and his PSA number is up so they are coming to the Bay Area to try some alternative treatment. The good news is that it will offer Noodlebug some time to spend with his aunt and uncle.  My husband has three brothers and none of them have or will ever have children.  So, Noodlebug is the sole heir to the empire.  (although the empire really has yet to be built)  I kind of felt like some queen of old when my son was born and I could jokingly turn to my husband and say, "I have presented you with a male heir to carry on the family name!"  At Christmas, two of Noodlebug's uncles were here and he was beside himself with all of the fun and attention. I think he was a little shell-shocked when all his playmates left after the holidays.

I'd like to break out the rotary cutter and continue cutting quilt squares. (only 96 to go!)  And maybe I'll stop by the fabric store and pick up some more fat quarters/remnants for making tie shirts. I'm so into those! My craft club will be meeting on March 6 and we'll be making little animals out of socks and gloves.  I joined my church bazaar committee and I have been trying to think of ideas for good quick projects I could do and donate to the bazaar. One of the ladies on the committee will be doing a red-work embroidery class soon so maybe I'll finally get around to taking up embroidery! 

Have a great weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I so love to embroidery> Have a good weekend...m.