Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Quilt Project and Tutorial Roundup

Lately, I have been obsessed with sewing and quilting.  This is not becoming a fabric crafting blog though! I am also working on a paper project for the Vintage ABC Swap! (more on that later)  I wanted a way to practice some quilting techniques that wouldn't break the bank. So, I joined this Block of the Month club:


Each block set is a pieced block so I should be able to handle it. No applique necessary. My first two kits arrived yesterday and I'm anxious to get started. I figured I can handle a block a month. If you want to join in, go here

I have also been digging into my fabric craft drawer to drag out old projects I haven't finished. I have boxers for myself from a Sis Boom pattern and a shorts and top set by Oliver + S for Noodlebug. I am waiting on some fabric to make Noodlebug some chalkboard placemats from this tutorial. I also found two tutorials for some great gifts/craft bazaar projects: a neck cooler and a rice bag warmer.  Both projects would be a great way to use up some left over material.  What is on your craft project "to do" list?

No comments: