Monday, September 19, 2011

Art Therapy

This weekend I will be attending my very first art conference/retreat in my own backyard.


ART IS...YOU!!!




I registered for this event long before my current woes and I debated whether or not to attend.  In the end, I decided that I really need this. I haven't done anything like this for myself in four years.  The best part is that I don't have to travel somewhere in order to do it.  I can come home to my family every night. 

I am taking three classes.   Two of them are being taught by Shelly Massey. I love her use of whimsy and color:

WORKSHOP ONE:  Play Time

(photo borrowed from and owned by Shelly Massey)




WORKSHOP TWO:  License to Create


(photo borrowed from and owned by Shelly Massey)



The third class I am taking is being taught by Julie Haymaker.  I will have to incorporate a cat, of course.

WORKSHOP THREE:  Doggie in the Window


(photo borrowed from and owned by Julie Haymaker)

I am almost done with my trades and I have been sorting through my crafting supplies in order to pack my retreat kit.  I'm so excited!!!  I will do my best to take photos and share them with you throughout the weekend.  FYI---They are already planning another ART IS...YOU here next year so please think about coming out and playing with me!


P.S. Still no news on a new home. We are seeing two houses this afternoon and possibly one tomorrow.  Hopefully, we'll know something soon!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Can't wait to see what you create. What a great diversion for you. Stay postive, just as you are trying, sweet girl. God has a plan, trust in Him.