Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Kindness of ...

I am always amazed by the kindness of strangers online friends.  I recently admired Charlotte Lyons' new pattern for Maggie's Farm:

Each year at Christmas, I try to make at least one handmade gift for Noodle.  When I saw Charlotte's new pattern, I thought it would make the perfect gift this year.  (If I can ever get my workroom organized so I can find all my materials!)  When Charlotte learned of my recent struggles, she sent me a copy of the pattern as a gift.  So generous and thoughtful and it totally made my day.  I now need to find a way to pay her kindness forward.  In the meantime, if you want to stitchalong with me on this project, get your own pattern here. I have purchased quite a few of Charlotte's embroidery samplers and I just love her designs.

If I can get organized, I may also FINALLY try to finish Amy Power's ABC wooden spool project from one of her amazing Inspired Ideas magazines.  Find it on page 32 of her Autumn 2010 issue:




Amy will be releasing her latest Holiday issue next week and I can hardly wait to see what brilliant ideas she has to share.

I feel so blessed to have found such amazing people as Charlotte and Amy through blogging.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Wow, that's oniine-love-kindness for sure! I meet Charlotte in person a few years back at Silver Bella, and she's just as genuine as ever. Lovely & kind!

Can't wait to see your finished project.

Also, can't wait for Amy's next Inspire Issue! I just didn't have time to send a project for this issue!

Hope you are getting settled and things are staying calm for you.

Hugs, Heidi