Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Moving On



Finding a new home has been a stressful and humbling experience.  We dearly love the house we have been renting for five years.  It is going to be so hard to leave it.  Beyond that grief, there has been the struggle to not only find a reasonable alternative but also to "sell" ourselves to potential landlords.  A few times, we were convinced we found the perfect house only to be turned down by landlords who did not find us to be desirable tenants. Even though I know it's just business, it's hard not to take it personally.

After making us jump through quite a few hoops (that often felt humiliating), a landlord finally decided that we were acceptable.  We have found a new rental home. It is a fairly big step down from our current home but it is nice and clean with a yard for Noodle (see above photo).  We are moving this weekend.  I feel better knowing we will have a roof over our heads and that we will be more or less settled before Halloween.  I want so much for Noodlebug to be able to enjoy the holidays.  I want that for all of us.

The freelance work my husband has been doing is improving and he is slowly adding to our family income little by little.  I'm trying to view all the changes as the beginning to a new chapter in our lives.

2010 was the "annus horribilis" and it spilled a bit into 2011.  I think these past two years have been a time of transition and change for us.  Personally, I have been drawn to opportunities that allow me to work on myself.  I have been reading SIMPLE ABUNDANCE by Sarah Ban Breathnach all year and I have taken both Soul Restoration courses offered by Brave Girls Club.  I have been re-prioritizing my extracurriculur activities and trying to figure out the best fit for my family. I've tried to start exercising regularly and have become more active in my church. 

I think when I look back at these two challenging years, I will discover how much growth and learning took place.  I can't see it right now....but I will.

I'll be back online next week after the move and hopefully I will have gotten the chance to get my craft supplies organized in the new house. Thanks for all your good wishes.  They helped!!!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

So thrilled that you found a new home. And so impressed about how you're making the best of it. Congratulations on not only surviving, but managing to stay positive!!! Big hugs!

Heidi said...

Super news! You'll have this house whipped into shape as your family home lickadee-split! Keep your chin up, you're doing great! Hugs, Heidi

Anonymous said...

Yay! I've been praying for you guys.......love you just gobs and gobs!

Love,
Hippie