Thursday, March 29, 2012

Jackpot

$540 million dollars.


Like the rest of you, I am daydreaming about what I would do if I won the jackpot:


1. Pay off all of my debt

2. Pay off my mother's debt and provide for her future

3. Buy a modest home  (i'm uncomfortable with big houses but I'd love a nice-sized farmhouse)

4. Buy a new car (my current car is 12 years old but it's still running strong!!! And it's paid off!)

5. Give a nest egg to my closest friends and family.  So many of my loved ones have extreme financial worries.  Have wonderful it would be to take that burden away!!!

6. Take that trip to Disneyland I have been dreaming about.

7.  Pay off any debt my church has and provide nest egg for future projects

8. Quit job and focus on my family

9. Set aside money for Noodlebug's college education

10. Work on losing weight, getting healthy and getting pregnant!

11. Set up philanthropic foundation to fund worthy local projects

12.  Save and invest the rest!!!


#11 is a particular daydream of mine.  As I drive around town, I see so many things that my community needs. I'd love to fully fund the Polly Klaas Theater which has been vacant for years awaiting funds. I'd love to fund the Children's Museum of Sonoma County so that it can open even sooner. I want to give major money to the VOICES center for emancipated youth in Santa Rosa so our foster children don't slip through the cracks.  I want to create new playgrounds and parks in my community. 

How fun would it be to give away money as a job? I would be such a great professional philanthropist. 

It's fun to think about, isn't it?

My needs are pretty modest. I'm not the type of person to need a giant house, flashy car, yacht, expensive clothes, etc.  I would be happy to just let go of financial worry. That would be amazing!

What would YOU do with the jackpot?

1 comment:

PCovi said...

I love your ideas! It would be so fun to fix people's financial woes.
And spoil them a little.
Selfishly I guess I'd take a trip somewhere awesome :)
But I'm a lottery virgin! have never bought a ticket.