Friday, April 26, 2013

OH HAPPY DAY Craft Night

I have been wanting to attend one of Jordan Ferney's Craft Nights since she started them but they always sell out before I get  a chance! Jordan writes the wonderful creative blog OH HAPPY DAY. Last night, I had the opportunity to attend a special letterpress night at Jordan's studio in San Francisco.


When we entered the studio, we found amazing goodie bags waiting for us!  There was a fantastic sweatshirt from Hello Apparel. It was even in a size that would actually fit me!
(image source)


Usually, freebies like this are for much thinner people. And I adore this sweet succulent in a magnetic planter:


The problem with this planter is that now I want the whole system! You can put up a metal sheet on a wall (or use your fridge) and get a whole series of these pots on a wall.  And the succulant is so sweet! Thank you, Succulence for the wonderful little plant and thanks to Urbio for the awesome pot!

And then there was a beautiful necklace with a message in Morse Code! Mine says "lucky." I love it!!! Now, I want more!

Thank you so much, COATT!  I love it!!!

There was also a lovely camera strap and a set of letterpress cards that Jordan made.  I'll have to get photos of those later.  Jordan's friend, Andrea, made some fabulous food for us and I was so grateful.  I gobbled down the salad, lemonade and homemade oreos. Yum!!!

Once we got over all the wonderful goodies, we started the class.  Jordan demonstrated how to use her remarkable press:

It was really fun to watch her change the ink in the rollers:

Everyone had such a good time printing their very own cards!!!  We used wonderful cards from Paper Source to print our lettepress creations:

I absolutely loved the process.  There is something so meditative about printing letterpress pieces. I could have done it all night. I can't believe I didn't take a photo of my cards!  We ended up making twenty cards (10 of each design).  So fun!! I'm going to watch Jordan's blog like a hawk in the hope that I will get to attend another of her Craft Nights!!!  Thanks for a great time!!!

See the official recap here.

1 comment:

Sofia Lambert said...

This was a lovely bllog post