Thursday, May 16, 2013

Heartbroken: RIP Kathreen Ricketson

(image source)
I never got to a part of any playgroup.  I found my community of mothers online.  Blogging has allowed me to meet amazing people who share their creativity in powerful ways. One of those people was Kathreen Ricketson.  Her ACTION PACK ezines provided me with so much inspiration with which to engage my son. I loved them so much I became an affiliate.

Not long ago, Kathreen and her family decided to take on an exciting experiement. They planned a road trip across Australia for a year.  I was having fun hearing about their progress and looking forward to the book that would follow. Their journey just ended.

Kathreen died yesterday in a tragic accident. Her partner has still not be found.  It is so heartbreaking. I want to gather up her children in my arms and hug them. I am just speechless and feel such loss for this woman that I never even met in person but who provided me with so much inspiration for so many years. Her children have had the kind of childhood I would have wished for my own son and my heart aches for them.

I'll be praying for the safe return of Kathreen's partner, Rob, and for comfort for their children and families.

Read about this loss here and here.

The blogging community has come together to create a trust fund for Kathreen and Rob's beautiful children. If you would like to contribute, please go here.

No comments: