Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Fair Results

I entered four items in the Sonoma County Fair this year.  Just for fun.

My necklace and needle-felted fruit didn't win anything.









I think the necklace was a little too "avant garde" for the audience.  The fruit was just for fun.  I am new to needle-felting and my technique wasn't great.

I got first place for the hat that I made at ART IS YOU last year:

It always makes me think of Mary Poppins.





I am very proud to say that my mixed media painting of me and Noodlebug won Best in Show!

It was the last piece of art that I have made and the firsr thing in a long time that I have been proud of.  I made it to celebrate five years of motherhood and it's very special to me.

I am putting my winnings into a jar to save for a trip to Disneyland next year.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Yay!!! Congratulations! And thanks for sharing the photos :)