Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Bloggers IRL

Even though I have been blogging since 2003, I have never been a SERIOUS blogger. I have never had any interest in creating a following, making a living at blogging, or working to get sponsors and stuff.  I do it for myself. What I really enjoy is the inspiration I get from others.  And when I happen to meet on of those people in real life?  Even better.

Over the years, I have been lucky enough to meet incredible bloggers like Cathe Holden, Amy Powers and Shelly Massey.  Not to mention all the wonderful people I see at ART IS YOU every year! And now I can add another person to that list.

Last year, I was running around desperately trying to get a few Christmas presents together. I ran into Anthropologie with my 5-yr-old to try and pick up some special hot chocolate for my sister-in-law that they had there.  It never crossed my mind that I would ever be able to relax and do some proper shopping because that wasn't realistic with my son in tow.  When we walked, we saw a craft table filled with children making snow globes. The activity was led by this super-creative lady who told me I could leave my son with her while I shopped. He was given craft supplies and snacks and I gratefully headed off to shop.  Not only did he have a great time, he made something wonderful!!!

(Photo by Heather of Poppy Haus)
After Christmas, he would NOT let me put that snow globe away. It is still sitting in his room.  The best part of the story, that creative lady is a mom at my son's school!  And she has a wonderful blog!!!  I love finding new sources of inspiration. Especially when they are in my own backyard!  Head on over to POPPY HAUS for some great ideas. I have already tried several of her recipes!

No comments: