Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Gifts for Teacher Appreciation Week

I haven't been posting for a long time because I have done absolutely nothing creative. I have completely given up on LIFE BOOK and my BRAVE GIRLS CLUB class.  I just haven't had the time to do anything. Luckily, I did manage to make a small gift for Teacher Appreciation Week at school.

My son has three Kindergarten teachers so it can be a challenge to find an affordable gift to give all three.  I was inspired by this post from THE IDEA ROOM.

(image source)


Mine isn't nearly as fancy. It is more of a budget version.  I wasn't able to find a good pail and I didn't have time to mod podge pages onto it so I did the next best thing. 

I headed over to Joann's and found these cool Eco Pots that were on sale. They had several different sizes and I just a good-sized medium one.  I got some succulents at OSH and painted the pots with chalkboard paint.  I didn't have a stencil and used masking tape with mixed results. Some of the paint got under the tape.  I took a wooden spoon and stamped it with the word "grow" and tied on the labels from THE IDEA ROOM.  I then wrote each teacher's name on the mini-chalkboard.






(all the pots ready to go!)
My husband and son dropped them off this morning.  Although they aren't as pretty as the ones from THE IDEA ROOM, I still think they came out well. And the teachers liked them! 

No comments: