Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Crafty Spiders?

I am not the type of person who is afraid of bugs, spiders, snakes or any other creepy-crawlies. Maybe that comes from growing up in Texas where the bugs are
GI-normous! However, now that I live in California, I am facing critters that I have not previously been familiar with.

My husband informed me yesterday that our garage (ie. my CRAFTING SPACE!) is filled with black-widow spiders. He warned me not to reach into any boxes and dark spaces. Of course, all my crafting supplies are in boxes crammed into "dark spaces." I now have visions that black widow spiders are building webs under my crafting table and burrowing into my collection of vintage wallpaper. Ack!

So, for my three swap buddies, your packages may be slightly delayed since I will have to proceed with caution in my crafting area. But I promise I will get them out next week!!!!

8 comments:

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I hate spiders. iwas bitten by one and it was awful. Mary

Sandra Evertson said...

Sounds perfect for Halloween!
Sandra Evertson

CG said...

Yikes! I'm glad your not scared of them!

Amy M. said...

You're right, Sandra. It is very Halloween-like. I'm not really scared of them but I certainly don't want to be bitten by one. I'm not really sure how to identify them either which makes it tricky.

Anonymous said...

Eeek! I hate spiders. I hope you get it taken care of soon. At least he saw them first and you didn't have to find out the hard way.

I live in Ft. Worth, Texas.

Amy H. said...

Black widows are creepy. I'm in Texas too and we have them in the garage. They had just better stay away from me. I'll squish 'em.

Cheryl said...

Black widows come out at night time and most of the time they live side by side with daddy-long-legs.... so get out there at night and smush them. They look like big huge black ants... normally they are upside down with a spot of red on their belly.

Make sure you look on the underside of your craft table etc for the egg sacks as well. (white round balls) Also, the spider web is a lot more "sticky/thick" then most webs, thats one clue as which spider spun that web. We are loaded with them as well (central California here)I'm always smushing~ You can purchase bug spray that you can spray around your work area that will keep bugs out. Once they walk across it (days later even) they die. Something to look into. ~Cheryl

Amy M. said...

Thanks Cheryl! Great ideas. I'm only wary of critters that could actually harm me. At least in Texas, I just had to worry about giant cockroaches grossing me out. Yuck.