Monday, January 14, 2008

Marley Baby

I find myself gravitating towards children's clothing stores these days. I'm curious about what is out there for little boys. So far, I have not been very happy with my findings. I'm afraid I'm just not the kind of person who likes trucks and airplanes and trains on baby clothes. It just seems so gender-specific to me. There just doesn't seem to be as much variety for boys as there is for girls.

A new store just opened in my little town that has "rocker chic" clothing for kids. I had to check it out. My husband is a big fan of reggae music, so when I saw this onesie, I had to buy it.



My mom tracked down some terrific CDs that she gave us for Christmas. One of them was a collection of holiday rock music that had been converted to lullaby-sounding songs. In the same series, they had a CD full of lullaby-converted Bob Marley music. I just love it.



When I was sick on Christmas Day, I laid on the couch in front of the fire listening to the CDs and dozed off into a nice nap. I'm looking forward to playing the CDs for our baby when he arrives.

In the meantime, I'm keeping my eye out for hip boys' clothing a la Kingston Rossdale.

10 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I am so enjoying having a granddaughter to buy clothes for after raising two boys and not having much of a selection for them. Thirty years ago, it was the same story.

Alison Gibbs said...

It seems so unfair when you go clothes shopping for baby boys. There just aren't as many options as there are for girls. Sexual discrimination starts in the crib! LOL
Even when they get a bit bigger it's the same.
Hope you are over the morning sickness.

Alison

Sarah B. B. said...

That onesie rocks. Literally. I'll keep my eyes peeled. Props to you for avoiding the gender stereotypes - it's easy not to buy pink, but I agree that it's harder to avoid it with boys. :)

Adriann said...

Hi there! I stopped over from Mary Isabella's. You have such a lovely blog.

Love the Bob Marley onesie...One LOVE!!!

bluemuf said...

Love the Bob Marley onesie, that is so neat. Play lots of music now. They say it's good for your baby.

I have two sons and three grandsons, so it's always a challenge to find fun clothing. You must knit some unique little sweaters.

Hugs karen

HippieDog said...

My husband is a huge fan of Bob Marley! HUGE!! He wanted to name Jake, our son Marley :) xoxo Have a beautiful day! xoxo

Genevieve said...

Sarah says you can get hip baby clothes at h & m and babystyle.com. Also (of all places) old navy.

black eyed susans kitchen said...

I love this post! If they had clothes like these when my kids were little, I would have bought them. My husband used to wake us up every Sunday morning with a Bob Marley tape (1980's). Even today, my kids will hear rasta music and remind me about the eggs, pancakes and homefries. Thank you. Susan

Amy M. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy M. said...

Thanks for all the comments! I'm glad to know that people don't think I'm weird for looking for "alternative" looks for my baby!

-Amy