Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Thank You and an Update

*UPDATE*
Here is a link about the accident.

Thank you for your sweet response to my last post. I told my husband not to worry. I told him I was going to call upon the wonderful bloggers that I know to pray for his tenants. And I knew you would respond because you are the most generous and wonderful people I know. And I think your prayers and good wishes are helping.

The last we heard, the father and little girl in the hospital are doing better and will probably pull through. The youngest girl was released into the care of family friends yesterday. My heart breaks when I think about that poor family.

Nine years ago, my father was killed when he was hit by a courier van while walking across the street to work. At the funeral, one of his co-workers told me something that really startled me. She said that she heard about the accident on her way to work while listening to a local Christian radio station. Evidently, the radio station had a traffic helicopter that was flying over when the accident occurred. The pilot asked listeners to pray for the victim in the accident because it didn't look good. My father's co-worker didn't find out until later that it was my father who was the victim. She told me that she knew that my father's soul was carried to heaven on the prayers of all of those listeners. It's a nice thought. I always say a prayer now when I go past an accident. You never know what a difference it might make.

3 comments:

HippieDog said...

I keep checking up on you to see how you are. Still praying for the family......xo

Anonymous said...

Hello Amy,
finally visiting your blog, only to read of the sad event, will pray for that family's loss!! heartbreaking.
God hears our prayers.

I did get your email and am making my rounds to visit the Easter Swap girls!! just getting done my Valentine Swap stuff!

Blessings
Carol
www.sassafrasandlulu.blogspot.com

Little Blue Violet said...

Keeping you all wrapped in prayer.
Darly