Friday, February 1, 2008

Checking In

Hello my friends.

It has been a rollercoaster week! The Griffin family has been at the forefront of our minds this week. To update you, the two girls (ages 2 and 5) are staying in a hotel with their grandparents. The father is still in critical condition in the hospital but his vital signs are greatly improved. I know in my heart this is in large part due to the many prayers and good thoughts going out to this family. So, thank you all!

I am starting a new project this weekend. Gary and I will be picking out paint samples for the baby's room. I think it's just about time to start preparing the room! I am working on a knitted baby blanket that is going slowly but surely. I also grabbed a few knitting books from the library so I can attempt some other baby patterns. If only I didn't hate double-pointed needles so much!!!

I also need to start working on my Easter Swap project. I have an idea so I need to head to the craft store this weekend. It's hard to believe that Lent starts this week. In light of the events of the past week, I will definitely be counting my blessings!!!

2 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Amy good to hear the Griffin girls are ok and being looked after by their grandparents. Hopefully their Dad will improve day by day.
Have fun working on the baby's room.
Alison

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Some very good news. Will keep praying for them....Smiles