Monday, December 22, 2008

2008 in Review

This has been a momentous year for me in a lot of ways. When I look back, I can hardly believe where I was a year ago today. Here are some highlights from my year:

January---I found out I was having a boy. I flew home to Dallas and went on a little baby shopping spree.

February--My husband and I took a babymoon down the California coast from Monterey to San Simeon.

March/April--I was lucky enough to get TWO baby showers. So much fun!

May--I had my baby on May 18 and turned 33 on May 25.

June--Almost lost my mind from lack of sleep and challenges with breastfeeding

July--Celebrated my second wedding anniversary

August--Prepared to go back to work and started my duties as a board member with the Junior League

September--Started life as a full-time working mom

October--Dressed Aidan up as a cowboy for Halloween

November--I watched a candidate I believe in win the election and started feeding baby solids at Thanksgiving

December--Looked back on an amazing year full of great challenges and great joy

Here are a few things I learned:

1) I wasn't sure if I would enjoy being a mom---I love it.

2) I discovered that I am strong enough to give birth to a baby.

3) I had to face the fact that I cannot be all things to all the people in my life and that I don't not have the power to make everyone happy.

4) Being a full-time working mom is harder than I thought it would be. I long to work part-time.

5) I am grateful for health insurance. I am even more grateful for a healthy family.

6) I am truly truly blessed.


I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!!!

I will see you in 2009!!!!

3 comments:

HippieDog said...

Great post Amy.....I too have to face the facts that I can't do everything and make everyone happy. Not everyone is going to like me or agree with me....it's still hard for me.....but I'm working on it :) I'm very thankful that we are friends! xo Have a beautiful Christmas and Happy New year sweetheart!!!

Heidi said...

What a full year! Motherhood is challenging, as is a full-time working mother is! I did that for years and years, whew...and good thing you learned right off the bat, a working mother cannot do everything for everyone! You have a great 2009, okay??? Hugs, Heidi

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Wishing you a 2009 filled with only good things and happy times..m.