Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ornament Exchange

I recently received an invitation to a holiday ornament exchange. I'm very excited to go. Evidently, it is similar to a White Elephant Gift Exchange but instead you bring nice/unusual ornaments and people can "steal" from each other as they get unwrapped. I'm interested to see how it goes.

We've added quite a few new ornaments to our tree this year. We have a lovely gift store in town and they decked out there shop with lots of Christmas trees filled with ornaments. Aidan loves looking at all the trees and lights. My mother took him into the shop and let him "pick" some new ornaments for the tree. When we decorated the house on Black Friday, she presented us with the ornaments. They are all lovely. I love laying on the floor with Aidan in front of the tree and seeing him look at all of the lights and ornaments. If I'm lucky, I get about three hours a day with my baby and they are very precious hours indeed.

I have decided I need to get a photo of some of the decorations in my house and post it here. I have a great collection of carved wooden Santas that I'd love to share. We'll see if I can get organized.

Hope your holidays are wonderful so far!!!

2 comments:

HippieDog said...

Hi Amy! Your ornament exchange sounds so fun---you'll have to let us know how it goes. My work party is tomorrow night and I'm trying to stay calm. (by the power of greyskull). Can't wait to see pictures of your Santas and new ornaments :) Have a pretty day!

Amy M. said...

Hope your work party is fun, Hippie! I have mine on Friday evening. I am bringing baby which I hope won't bother anyone. The party is from 4:30-6:30pm so I figured it would be okay. We'll see...