Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Carved Santas

There used to be a store in Dallas filled with crafts made by senior citizens. My mom and I loved shopping there because you could find truly unique gifts and the money benefited local seniors. Every year, we would stock up on handmade Christmas ornaments and we would especially look for carvings by Tom Blount. We picked up at least one Santa by him every year. Eventually, he was no longer able to carve so I feel very lucky that I have so many of them. They are all signed and dated. A few of my Santas are TEXAS Santas and I even have a Mexican Santa! Enjoy!



4 comments:

HippieDog said...

Beautiful Amy.....I love them :) They are so unique......I had a sneaky feeling that you'd have a Texas Santy Claus in the line up. :) xo

Sarah B. B. said...

Amy - Those are amazing! I love the Texas Santas with the Texas tree. ;)

Heidi said...

Your collection is very nice, that gentleman sure put his {h}eart and soul into making them.
Hugs, Heidi

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I do so love these. Merry Christmas...m...