Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mrs. Grossman's---Another Reason to Come to Petaluma

Here is another item in my series on Petaluma that I am using to entice you to come to the West Coast ART IS YOU retreat this Fall!!!

When I was a child back in the 80's in Texas, I was part of the sticker collecting craze. I especially loved collecting Mrs. Grossman's stickers because they had such simple but whimsical designs.  Her most famous (and first) design is this heart:


Little did I know it but my life path would bring me even closer to Mrs. Grossman's many years later.  When I moved to Petaluma in 2006, I was amazed to find out that Petaluma is the home of Mrs. Grossman's sticker factory!!!  One of the first things I did was to take a factory tour. It was so fun!!! For $3, I got to tour the factory, do a craft activity and get a $3 certificate good in the factory store.  And Mrs. Grossman's also has biannual warehouse sales which are just too tempting.

If you make it to Petaluma this Fall, I highly recommend the factory tour.   I might even have to join you.

(image borrowed from Mrs. Grossman's)

No comments: