Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Giving Thanks


I made the little graphic above on Picnik in honor of Thanksgiving.  Plus, it is a good everyday reminder as well.

My husband has been struggling with his "thank yous" for awhile now.  With everything that has happened in the past year and a half, it is so easy to focus on the bad instead of the good. I will be praying for a peaceful, quiet Thanksgiving this year. It will just be four of us. The boisterous Thanksgivings of my childhood are pretty much over. My son will never have cousins. There will be no more children in our little family unless I produce them. My son only has one grandparent and no aunts and uncles on my side.  But we still have our family and we are blessed.

I have Wednesday through Sunday off from work. I'm going to set aside unpacking boxes and have some fun with my child.  My husband is leaving Friday to go and visit some friends and try to find a little happiness so perhaps we will surprise him with a house decorated for Christmas when he gets back.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. It's a good life and we have a lot to say "thank you" for.

No comments: