Monday, November 14, 2011

What I Have Been Up To

I had a glorious three-day weekend with my family. It poured down rain on Friday so we missed the wonderful Veterans' Day Parade that our little town hosts but we still had a nice day.  Every day I have off from work is a blessing. It is precious time that I get to spend with my family.  But it makes it that much harder to head back to work.

It was sunny on Saturday and Sunday so we worked in the yard and spent some time unpacking more boxes. I can actually walk into the room that will eventually be my workroom.  I gathered the materials I need to start Noodle's "Maggie's Farm" gift although I haven't actually started it yet.

Money is so tight right now and we have decided to do a very scaled down Christmas.  I'm not even sure if we have room for Christmas tree in our new home but we'll figure something out. The adults don't really need any gifts so we are skipping that.  Noodlebug will just get three gifts from us (Santa) and I'm sure that will be fine. I want to focus on more family adventures and time together this holiday season. That will be the best gift. No running around stressing about Black Friday deals or finding gifts on sale. Just celebrating the gift of each other.

Speaking of money, I am going to try something new. I am investigating how Business2Blogger works.  Other bloggers that I trust have tried it out and it seems to be an interesting way to do some paid blogging. I'm pretty picky about paid posts and reviews so we'll have to see what they are offering. Still, it could generate a little income. My friend Monique and I are also considering setting up an online store.  She's actually a much better crafter than I am so it would probably just be me helping out. Still, it could be fun. I'll keep you posted!

Hope you are having a great day!!!

No comments: