Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Virtual Angel Tree

When I was growing up, my parents always took me to the Salvation Army Angel Tree at the mall and we would pick out a few Angels off the tree and go shopping for them.  There are many worthy charities that do things like this but this one appeared at our mall every year and made it easy to give back.

I have tried to continue to do something like this every year but sometimes I feel stretched so thin trying to get everything done.  I was excited to do hear that JCPenney is teaming up with the Salvation Army this year for their Angel Tree program.  You can adopt an Angel online by searching for your zip code and then selecting the type of recipient you would like to have.  I chose a senior citizen because I feel they get especially overlooked at this time of year when so many charities focus on children. I can't imagine what it would be like to be a senior alone at this time of year.  I chose a woman in my area who is the same age as my mother.  I ordered an item off her list at JCPenney online and had it shipped directly to the Salvation Army.  They are even offering FREE SHIPPING codes through December 9. 

Now, I can cross this important part of Christmas off my list.  I hope it gives a little comfort to my Angel.

Go here to find your own Angel.

1 comment:

KnittingReader said...

Thank you so much for the link! I had wanted to do something like this, and it makes it so easy.

I hope you can have a wonderful Christmas and a much better 2012.