Saturday, September 22, 2012

ART IS YOU Day Two

Today, I took Jennifer Whitmer's "Impromptu Millinery" class.  When Jennifer showed us our "hoods," which are the starting point of each hat, I was a little intimidated.





I couldn't imagine what I would be able to make from one of those.  Jennifer took us through the process step by step and we all gained confidence.  Here is my work in progress:




Most of us had our basic hat finished by lunchtime.  We then spent the afternoon creating flowers by hand with which to decorate our creations.  Here is my finished product:




I elected to pin my flowers and leaves on so that I would have the option of moving them or REmoving them depending on the occasion.  I loved the fact that each person's hat was different:

(Jennifer is second from left)
 I hope she comes back next year so I can make a DIFFERENT hat.  It was so fun!!!

No comments: