Saturday, September 8, 2012

Grandparents Day

Sunday is Grandparents Day.  I know some people would say that this is a "Hallmark" holiday. Maybe it is. But I think we all need little reminders some time about showing others how much they mean to us.  Noodlebug and I spent a little time yesterday painting some pictures for his Grandmother.  I bought a package of canvas boards at Michael's with a 40% off coupon and had the idea of doing a Fall tree. Noodle enjoyed it so much that we decided to do the other seasons as well.  We had mixed results but it was a fun project.
















His forearm and hand made the tree trunks and then we used the eraser end of a pencil to dip in paint and "dot" on the leaves.  I later went in and added a few embellishments that he requested:  a fox for Fall, a redbird and some footprints for winter, a bluebird and some flowers for Spring and a swing for Summer.  The work was a little messy but we had fun and now Noodle's grandmother will have a painting to display for each season. Or all at once!!!


I'm linking with the Southern Institute at Creative Me Monday!!!

1 comment:

Candace Jedrowicz said...

I LOVE it It's so fun!
Dropping in from Creative Me Linky Party