Friday, November 30, 2012

Subscription Boxes and Why I Love Them

I have become addicted to subscription boxes.  I don't get to go to shopping at physical retail stores very often and I love surprises so getting these subscription boxes in the mail each month is so much fun!!!

Since everyone is looking for holiday gift ideas, I thought I'd share a few of my favorites with you.

1. KIWI CRATES


(image source)

I have mentioned Kiwi Crates before and I just love them!!!  For $19.95 a month, you get a lovely box in the mail that contains two projects for kids that go with a particular theme.  Everything is included.  You don't need to hunt down a bunch of materials. Usually just a pair of scissors.  And they even include a child's pair of scissors in your first box!  The themes are always really creative and you can go online to get additional ideas for projects and activities surrounding a particular theme.  Noodlebug gets so excited when our box arrives each month.  We sit down and do the activities together (there are usually enough materials to do two of each activity) and it provides us with much-needed bonding time. I love Kiwi Crates so much that I am an affiliate.  I don't do this often. Only with the few products I really believe in.  Kiwi Crates now offers holiday crates, party favor crates and imaginative play crates that you can buy in addition to their subscription boxes. Go here to learn more about Kiwi Crates. They would make an amazing holiday gift!!!

2. CRAVEBOX



I have been with Cravebox since they were in their beta-testing phases. They have changed a bit since then.  It used to be a regular subscription service but now you enter drawings for boxes that interest you.  You never know what will be included but they do reveal the themes of the boxes. The last box I received was a Holiday Spruce-Up Box that included both full-size and sample sizes of cleaning products as well as two high-value coupons. Boxes vary in price from $10-$15.  One thing I really like about Cravebox is that they do offer full-size items in their boxes.  The desirability of the items themselves can be hit or miss but I have enjoyed the program so far.  Go here for more info.

3. FOOD WITH LOVE



I am new to the FOOD WITH LOVE subscription service. I have only received one box so far.  These boxes are $12 a month. ($10 for the box and $2 for shipping)  The box is small and contains mostly sample sizes of gourmet food items.  What I love about these boxes is that the food isn't "fake."  The offerings are interesting and tasty and I have already bought several items from the last box after I enjoyed the samples so much.   These aren't necessarily item you would find in your local grocery store.  Except maybe Whole Foods. With each box purchased, a meal goes to a hungry child. I can't wait to see what yummy items my next box will hold!!!  Find out more about FOOD WITH LOVE here!

4. FOR THE MAKERS



This is a new one and I haven't even received my first box yet.  But I'm already excited!!!  I figured Noodlebug has his own subscription craft box....why not me?  I saw this one in COUNTRY LIVING magazine and knew I had to try it out.  It's a bit more expensive ($29 a month with free shipping) but include four high-end crafty projects.  The founders have worked with companies like Anthropologie and Kate Spade so the projects reflect those types of aesthetics.  As soon as I get my first box, I'll do a review post and let you know how I like it.  In the meantime, you can learn more here.


Do YOU subscribe to any subscription boxes that you love? I'd love to hear about it!!!

No comments: