Monday, October 5, 2009

Etsy Find of the Day and the Weekend

My talented friend Ellen has added some new fun items to her Etsy shop. Although Ellen closed up her popular blog, THE REIGN OF ELLEN, awhile back, she continues to charm with her whimsical creations on Etsy.  I bought this sheep for Noodlebug's room. 






And this just really tickles my funny bone....






We had a nice weekend although it always seems so short! Every week, we get a box of produce from a local farm here in town called the Bounty Farm. This farm not only grows local, organic, sustainable fruits, vegetables and flowers but also provides these items at cost to low-income families in the area. Since my family doesn't need this program, we pay a higher fee for our produce in order to support the farm's charitable mission. Bounty Farm threw a party on Friday evening as a thank-you to the community. There was local food, a free produce stand, face painting, music by the wonderful Green String Farm Band and tractor rides. We had a terrific time! Truly a Fall evening full of fun.


I dearly love TOY STORY and I have been plotting to take Noodlebug to see it ever since I heard it was being re-released in 3D. I thought it would be the perfect first movie. I knew it was ambitious to try and take a 16-month-old to a 3D movie. Or any movie for that matter. I was fully prepared to have to leave after 15 minutes. Well, my sweet little Noodlebug sat in my lap for the entire film. Quiet as a mouse with those giant 3D glasses perched precariously on his little nose. I thought he might be asleep but he would occasionally point at something on the movie screen. I couldn't believe how good he was! It was fantastic!!! We didn't stay for the double-feature but we sure enjoyed TOY STORY. What a fun time!

No comments: