Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Wallowing

I'll admit that yesterday was tough. All my favorite blogs and all my Facebook friends were posting their Mother's Day photos and the sweet homemade gifts their children made them.  I don't have a Mother's Day photo.  And I didn't get anything for Mother's Day.

I don't want you to think that I am a materialistic person who has to have "stuff."  Actually, I much prefer giving gifts to receiving them. But I really really wanted a homemade gift from Noodlebug.  Ever since I became a mother almost three years ago, I have been looking forward to the time when Noodle could draw pictures and make crafty things.  I thought that maybe if I specifically said that I would like a homemade gift from Noodle that I would at least get a drawing. No such luck.

It is important for me to remember, though, that Noodlebug is my Mother's Day gift. Without him, I wouldn't be a mother. And that is all that should matter.

(Noodlebug's third birthday party is this Saturday. We're doing a cowboy theme and I am deep into party preparations. Posting will be light this week as I prepare but I'll be back with party photos)

1 comment:

Nikella said...

Oh...I am sorry to hear that your Mother's Day wasn't a very happy one. As for the homemade gifts from your son...you will be bombarded by them by the time he is in school or even earlier. There will be a time you won't know what to do with all the drawings and little crafts and written poems, I am sure of it.
I hope your home is a happy one again soon.