Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Blah....

This is how I feel right now...

(image source)
The stress and lack of sleep and caring for sick loved ones has finally caught up with me.  I am always the last to get sick and I always get it the worst.

I just wanted to lay in bed and listen to some music and my iPod broke. Permanently.  My husband gave it to me when we were dating seven years ago.  It makes me sad to see it go.

In my OTC medicated stupor, I made the poor decisions to invest in an iPhone. It hasn't arrived yet but I'm already experiencing buyer's remorse. I use a cell phone for talking. I don't text. I don't do apps.  I'm old school.  What am I going to do with an iPhone?

My birthday is Friday but I doubt I will feel like doing anything. I had arranged to take a vacation day to do something special but then my mother ended up having her foot surgery scheduled that morning. So...if I can get my pathetic self out of bed on Friday morning, I'll be driving her to the hospital and catching up on some reading in the waiting room.

What a way to kick off my 37th year, huh?  (that sounds really old for some reason)

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Awwww... hope you feel better!!! And you can use that sweet new iPhone for music and taking lots of fun photos! It makes it alot easier to share photos on the fly. I hope you'll at least treat yourself to some Starbucks on your birthday. And be sure to make a special wish for yourself. 37's not so bad... I may just say I'm 37 for a long, long time instead of the FORTY I'm turning this year LOL! HUGS!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Bummer about your illness, Amy. I'm guessing you'll come to enjoy having a smartphone. Texting and emailing is easy and nice to have when you just want to send quick messages without getting tied up on the phone.

Hope you feel well for your birthday!

Anonymous said...

"AACSA" is really Gary. Logged into another account - sorry!

M. Landeck said...

I think the late thirties are harder than forty in some ways, because you see it coming from a distance. Actually turning forty was a sort of a liberation from all that worry..about turning forty, ha! ;-) ~ Mindy