Sunday, May 27, 2012

Rocket on a Budget

Noodlebug wanted this really great rocket toy that he saw a friend's house.  I have to admit it was pretty cool.  I really wanted to buy it for him for his birthday but it was just too expensive.  We're still in financial dire straits and $60 for a toy just wasn't going to happen.

Then, I saw an unpainted birdhouse in the shape of a rocket at Michael's for $3.99.  I pulled out my paints and a few leftover peg people from Noodlebug's Christmas present and came up with this:

When he saw it on the morning of his birthday, he couldn't have been more excited.  Plus, it has the added bonus of working with his other peg people as well. 

Total cost: $4.

Whoopee!!!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

WOW, Amy! Awesomeness... and way better than any factory made toy!!!