Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Ten Days of Laura

My good friend Laura (godmother to my child) is celebrating a milestone birthday this year.  She has been through a lot over the past two years and it was very important to me that her birthday be extra special this year.

I saw this wonderful idea on Oh Happy Day and thought I would try to do my own version.

Since Laura's birthday is May 10, I gathered together ten of her close friends and family and had them each sponsor one day.  They could do something big like a gift certificate or something small like offering to take her out for a cupcake on the afternoon of their day. 

I snuck into Laura's apartment this past weekend and set up the surprise wall:

She loves leopard print so I used that as a background along with bright pink letters and numbers.  She gets to begin opening envelopes today. (one per day)  There will be a special surprise from her sweetheart on the day of her birthday.

I wasn't there to see her reaction when she came home to find the surprise wall but her sweetie captured it for me:


She opened her first envelope this morning and texted me right away.

I hope she enjoys every minute of it!!!

3 comments:

Megancita said...

What an awesome idea and what a good friend. It takes intention to make something like this happen!

Nikella said...

How sweet of you!!!

Amy M. said...

I think I may be enjoying it even more than she is!!! She texts me every morning with her surprise of the day and I look forward to those texts!!!

-Amy